It’s not that you simply want your dog to be your robot, but there are situations when it’s necessary for the dog to find out to settle down and sit down.
How to teach it:
- Hold a treat on the brink of your dog’s nose.
- Move your hand up, and let his head follow the treat.
- As his head moves up, his bottom will lower.
- Once the dog has put his bottom on the ground , say the word “Sit” and reward him with the treat.
- Repeat this a couple of times a day until your dog masters it. Then ask your dog to take a seat during other situations, like before mealtimes or during a walk.